Monday, March 9, 2009

nothing is sacred anymore

Finally, my thoughts are faster than my words. Why am I excited about this? It's because everything is thought-provoking. Life is giving me questions and I am in a search to find answers. I'm not trying to instigate anything, I just want to have a discussion. A discussion about one particular issue.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Chivalry is dead.

Most things in life are being taken for granted.

When people say that life is too short, what do you think the consequences are? Everything is being rushed these days. No one can really take a step back and smell the roses. Everyone needs to be in the know of everything. It's ridiculous how one day you can meet a person and the very same day, they can break your heart. Nothing lingers anymore. No mysteries because technology solves most of them.

I am about to sound really hypocritical.

I hate the fact that I depend so much on the internet. I hate the fact that I constantly need to be online. It's nothing wrong, it's how our society works these days. However, it's taking a toll now. Why is it that we rather be on our cell phones, laptops, and etc. when there is real people in real time standing right in front of you.

I think my new pet peeve these days is that when I hang out with people, they are constantly on their phone texting. (Yes, I am being a hypocrite at this point) It's like a big slap on the face because I feel that I'm not worthy of their attention.

If you are so adamant about texting that person on your cell-phone, why bother hanging out with me and just be with the other person?

Granted there are exceptions, like emergency or that person is in long distance. I'm just talking in a more general sense.

It seems as if people are always thinking the next step. Living in the moment, what is that? Constant motion and there seems no alternatives.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

No comments: